Delta Fly Fishing Challenge
What is the Delta Fly Fishing Challenge?
An angler recognition program to promote knowledge and appreciation of sport fish that reside in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta, encourage local fly fishing, and increase awareness of the Delta and its natural resources.
What do you do:
• Catch and release six different Delta sport fish (from a list of 15) from the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta using fly fishing gear. See this link for the complete rules.
• Complete this application, and submit the application, photographs, and $5.00 to cover printing, handling, and shipping fees to:
Delta Fly Fishers
DFF Challenge Program
PO Box 77862
Stockton, CA 95207-7862
What you receive:
After receiving your documentation that you have completed the challenge and your fees, Delta Fly Fishers will mail you an 11” x 14” color certificate suitable for framing. Only one certificate per year may be earned.
Bob Fujimura receives
the Delta Challenge
Certificate from President Marty Kjelson.
• Qualifying area is the statue (legal) boundaries of the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta; click here for a map of this area.
• Conduct Internet searches on each of Delta sport species and fly fishing techniques ~ fly fishing boards or blogs like the The Angle are another source of information.
• Read Inland Fishes of California, Revised and Expanded (2nd Edition), a book by Dr. Peter Moyle, UC Press
• Read Fly Fishing the California Delta, a book by Captain Mike Costello, No Nonsense Fly Fishing Guidebooks
• Talk to Delta Fly Fishers members at their monthly members meetings; click here for more information on our meetings and activities
For more information on the DFF Challenge Program, contact Bob Fujimura at: email@example.com
Delta Fly Fishing Challenge Award Honor Roll
|September 2011||Joe Balderston|
|January 2012||Jim Rich|
|August 2012||Larry Schmidt|